I took that Keirsey temperament test that JBTC has going on over there and found out that I’m a Mastermind! AKA an INTJ (Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging). I always wanted a nickname and they never seem to stick so, maybe this one will?
Actually, I admit it all I keep thinking about is that game “Mastermind”…anyone remember it?
To be fair, I only expressed “weakly” as a Mastermind so I don’t think it entirely explains me. Interesting description though, are there seems to be a lot of truth to it. I’m in the “rational” category. Big surprise. While I know I’m emotional and have strong feelings, usually I don’t express them publicly and am able to talk myself out of their chaos or into reason that supports why I feel that way. I say usually because this has not (especially recently) always been the case.
Here are some other things that describe the Mastermind:
– Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. (Ha! Or blogs!)
– Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. (Totally true.)
– Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency — any waste of human and material resources — they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. (Sounds harsh, but is probably true.)
– Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. (Ha! Does not impress me! And I do hate catchwords.)
– Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. (When I’m not too impatient.)
– Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. (Really? Oh, great.)
– Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. (Hmm, true I must do the research but decisions do NOT come easily… Starting not to believe this.)
– Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality. (Most definitely true.)
– Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. (Hopefully this has some payout now that I’m dealing with a very unexpected situation!)
Anyway, you can take the test here to find out what you are. Even if you’ve done it before, do it again. I always forget what I got beforehand. Let me know your combination! Especially if I know you in real life!