…(and two days) I stood before God, my family, and friends and committed myself to this man, no matter what happens, for the rest of my life.
Lucky for me, he did the same! :) The priest said it was the biggest risk of our lives, but I can’t imagine having it any other way. This year has been full of more laughter, learning and fun than I ever thought possible. We definitely had a great year. And to think we’ve only just begun! Here’s to us babe!
A few fun things that I’ve learned after this year…
- There is nothing oppressive with making dinner and having it ready to eat right when my husband gets home. He likes it and I like making him happy!
- I’ve learned that cooking really does take a while to get good at, but luckily, I married a human trash compactor so in case I try something and don’t succeed (or the recipe is gross) my husband will eat it all the same.
- My husband treats everyone the same, no matter how much they wrong him, no matter how hurt he is (which is usually not a lot since everything rolls off his back!). I’m trying to take notes.
- If I am a lot less tense (and annoyed), my husband is a lot less tense (and therefore happier).
- My senior year in college I applied for a grant aimed to “expand your horizons” and help you “see the world”, with which I would travel to Thailand, India, Peru, and Ghana for a year studying textiles. I didn’t get the grant (but they congratulated me on first runner up…almost worse…) but I find it amazing that during my first year of marriage I went to two of those four countries I wanted to! (and the third I went to the summer after my senior year!) What will the second year of marriage hold…Ghana perhaps??? Ha! So what did I learn from that? Your life doesn’t end when you get married. It’s a new beginning :)
- NFP really works, as in, its effective. AND it does all those other things everyone is always talking about…
- You CAN convert someone to being a cuddler! I never thought it was possible!
- When the photographer says “order your wedding pictures immediately, otherwise you probably won’t do anything with them EVER”, they might be right. I still need to cash in our credit from our photographer!
Anyway, that’s all I got right now. Hopefully more comes with the next year!