1. It seems like all my friends are jumping out of airplanes recently. Literally. I’ve known three friends to go skydiving in the last two weeks and last night I was beginning to think there’s something wrong with me for having absolutely no desire whatsoever to do that. Then I remembered what my mom always used to say, “Just because everyone’s jumping off a cliff (or out of an airplane) doesn’t mean you have to too”. So appropriate. (Although I realize on after thought this is kind an ironic first post since I just participated in this 7 quick takes thing!)
2. House buying is really a crazy, crazy process and the real estate business is honestly full of a bunch of flakes. After everything we’ve gone through this past year it really is no surprise to me that one of the major downfalls of the global economy was in part due to issues in real estate. No surprise whatsoever.
3. Whatever your work is, put your heart into it as if it were for the Lord and not for men, knowing that the Lord will repay you by making you his heirs. It is Christ the Lord that you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24. This verse spoke to me this week. It reminds me that even if we’re not all called to be missionaries directly we are still serving the Lord. Pretty cool.
4. I made really cool (or at least I think so!) earring and jewelery holders this week. It was really easy, using a fabric that I picked out, wooden picture frames, matching ribbon, tacks and hot glue. I can hang them up if I want to too but right now they are just leaning against the wall. Now I just need more jewelery.
5. My sister’s baby needs to come out to meet us already! I’m excited to meet him, find out what his name will be, and to see all my family again! So the sooner he gets here the sooner the party begins!
6. I went to the third night of Cafe Catholica this past Monday and I have to admit that I’m a little sad this next Monday is the last night :( The organizers have done a super job getting really, really interesting speakers including this guy and this guy (the first guy also had a really good talk, his website just isn’t as fun :) ). The Cardinal, despite his funny hat, is a really down to Earth and relate-able guy who has such knowledge about everything. It was really interesting listening to him talk about the history of Christianity. I didn’t know anything about Ennie but from his talk you can tell he has a big heart and he gave a refreshing approach to prayer. I don’t know anything about the last speaker, but if its anything like the last three I’m sure he’s great!
7. My best friend took me out last night for a belated birthday dinner (since she had to work last week) and we went to yummy yummy Thai food (my FAVorite). My husband likes it too but its hard to make us go out there on the few nights we actually eat out since I think Thai food is ridiculously overpriced for what you actually get (usually rice and chicken variations). So a few weeks ago I decided I’ll learn to make it myself! I discovered this Thai cooking website and I’ve already cooked the Basil Chicken Fried Rice. It is SO GOOD and SO EASY and you can make it as hot as you want, so I highly recommend it. Some of the other ones look much more complicated, but hopefully I can learn them over time.
The best part about this Friday is going to be my leftovers :) Yummy.